Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Who is The Prettiest of Them All?

I have been really beauty conscious lately.There is this metaphor,"As honest as mirrors". I stared a the mirror and reflected back was a girl with short dark brown and black hair, small almond eyes, a long nose and a pair of small pinkish lips and I compared myself with a pretty friend of mine who has nice falling hair, big brown hazel eyes, a small stub nose and a slim lips which parts to reveal her pearl-whities. This stupid comparison and contrast caused a little dent to my self-esteem and my confidence which I used to exude no matter what. I began to wonder the importance of beauty and its role it plays in my high school which may in fact yearn one more popularity,friends,cute guys and a string of praises of those beauty one blessed with.



But later did I realise beauty wasn't at all crucial, character is what matters. That beauty queen wasn't at all THAT popular though she is infamous for her prettiness and people who praises her like a devoted monk to his chants are mainly people out there who LACKS confidence and an EXTREMELY LOW self-esteem and these people not only FLATTERS but they also on the other hand tries to IMITATE them and in turn DESPISES themselves. Then, I reminisense of the old days in elementary school when I fell for an average Joe who to me was the most Charming Prince. See? "BEAUTY COMES FROM THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER". This saying is not used to comfort anyone but it is a F-A-C-T. Girls out there don't bother whether that cute guy likes you cause most of them turns out to be jerks(you will discover this truth sooner or later). Normally what you perceives will be relfected in your actions and behaviour. This will eventually leads to people thinking that you ARE REALLY UGLY. So, your mentality also matters. I recommend you to listen to Hilary Duff's"I am", her advisory lyrics: I am special, I ma beautiful, I am powerful, wonderful..."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home