Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Precinct Sanctuary

Not long ago, around May this year, there was a release of a documentary known as
"Born Into Brothels" which bagged several prestigious awards including an Oscar for the Best Documentary and even the Sundance Film Festival's Audience prize.


Plot outline:Two documentary filmmakers chronicle their time in Sonagchi, Calcutta and the relationships they developed with children of prostitutes who work the city's notorious red light district.


The film is one which I am really curious to watch. The plot of this film really makes me think about the good fortunes and blessings that I had been showered upon, especially as a female.



felt rally ashamed of my past whinnings abou life! Here I am, living with a roof over my head, proper food to eat, new clothes every year and engrossed in sublime music;there they are, living in pain, fear and darkness under the veil of innocence. There I am playing in "The Garden Of Eden" ; there they are living in a Precinct Sanctuary. Here I am lying on a "Bed Of Roses" ; there they are, lying on a thin filthy matteress figuring out their way out in the labyrinth.



I really thank The Creator for making me feel...sacrosanct. My heart goes out to those poor girls living in a most sordid and seemingly hopeless world. I really hope one day I would be able to join Life Force or any volunteer team to go to these countries and help these poor children who in the face of abject poverty, abuse, lachrymose and despair,have little possibility of escaping their mother's fate or for creating another type of life.



To those lecherous paedophiles, casanova out there:

Wait till you be a feamle who leads such life in your afterLIVES.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

God Bless those Kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home